Saturday, March 24, 2007

keeping it simple...

Thanks for the advice, Melissa. I am keeping things simple for the Easter Tea... I picked up some silk flowers to stick onto my cupcakes instead of icing them or trying these marshmallow daisies (but they're so cute too... maybe next time?!). I got some bread for pbj sandwiches for the kidlets, some bud vases for a few flowers, and I am going to put some jelly beans into fancy teacups that I had and spread them around.

I am going to do some veggie pinwheels (thanks for the recipe Kori!) and a couple of fruit trays as well; I think that will get everyone "fed up" :)

I made the cupcakes already and froze them because we are going to be in San Francisco the week before Easter...I also did some "for the guys" with oreo cookie crumbs on top (so it looks like dirt) and gummy worms sticking out.

...(Here's the one that I didn't make with the marshmallows; click for source)




For the record... Orange napkins and green utensils (bottom of this post)?! Good luck finding them! Easter napkins it is... plus pretty well everything will be finger foods :)

No comments: