Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Book Preview - Wikinomics

(posted by: Karl)

I decided to make it into a habit to post the book/audiobook that I am reading (or listening to) here. For each one, I think I will say a few words about what it is about and what I am hoping to glean from it. If it is deemed worthy, I may give a bit of a review later.

My first entry is "Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything" by Don Tapscott and Anthony D. Williams. Since I am a computer/programmer guy, I have been asked many times how does open source software work; and more particularly, how does the economics of open source software work. Frankly, I don't have a concise answer. So for one, I would like to have a more intelligent answer to that question. Also, I think there is a huge economy revolving around this movement of mass collaboration. It makes me wonder how one can tap into that.

No comments: