Friday, April 20, 2007

Baby Chu Update...

Pics of Baby Chu! This ultra sound was done at 18 weeks... just before we left for San Francisco. Saw the Doc again for a regular check up today and he's happy with the heart beat, my size and weight, etc.

It has been really cool to feel him start moving around.

Here is my favourite one: it was funny when the radiologist was actually capturing the pics, because Baby moved from a cross legged position (lower middle picture above) and stretched right out and booted me... fun to watch (may not be fun to feel in a few more weeks!)

Have you ever tried to print an ultrasound or x-ray? They gave it to me as a full sheet, but it's basically a negative. I thought I'd just be able to take it in to Kinko's (or Staples, or Blacks, or Japan Camera, or Future Shop, or Sure Copy, or... about a million other places!) It turns out it's not that easy due to the necessity of a back lit drum scanner thingy thing thing (for the record, I got it done at ABL Imaging Group, www.ABLimaging.ca).

Baby Chu is approximately 10.5 inches long (right now) and in the ultrasound, his foot measures 25.3mm! That seems so big already.

I can't believe we have to wait over 4 more months for him to make an appearance!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's adorable, looks just like Karl! Just kidding of course, but how fun to see pics of him! The best part of being pregnant is feeling the baby move (I thought) and I missed that part when I had Alisha so early. But by the end, you'll be ready to have him move on the *outside*! ;)

Keri's Collage... said...

Those are amazing ultrasound pics! My how technology has improved since I had babies (I didn't even get an ultrasound with Curtis). I agree with you Melissa...I was a bit sad the day I realized I wouldn't ever get to feel the kicks and bumps and hiccups on the inside again! And did often feel selfish that Dave couldn't "enjoy" that feeling :)

Unknown said...

How awesome! Thanks for the sneak peak!

Rachel said...

I remember having my first ultrasound with my firstborn. Wow....it just made it feel all that more 'real'!