Sunday, September 24, 2006

What is logic worth?

Okay, everybody roll your eyes now so we get that over with...

Let's follow some logic here: 1pm is before 2pm, isn't it? And 2pm is before 3pm, isn't it? So why is 11pm not before 12pm? Shouldn't "noon" really be 12am and "midnight really be 12pm? I am sure there are people out there thinking to themselves, "my flight at 12:05pm, is it around noon, or is it around midnight?" The clock is a system invented by man; if you were to invent something, I am sure your thought process would not go something like this...
Hmmm... let me see... these are the rules that will govern how this system works... it will work as is, but for good measure, let me throw in a couple of exceptions
It's tough to be a logician sometimes because so many things in this world, important or not, do not make sense at all. My brain is hurting now, I gonna go watch some TV.

No comments: