Saturday, September 02, 2006

Farofa and weekly awards

We had supper with some new friends last night, Dana (pronounced like my name) and Juliano (with a hard "J" sound, not "H"). Juliano is from Brazil, and they made us some yummy supper to thank us for setting up their computer (us with a capital K that is...). One of the things we had was Farofa: kind of a smoky, salty flour for dipping your meat in. It was sure a yummy addition to the barbequed steak and ribs!

So, the Dinner of the Week award goes to Dana and Juliano for barbequed meat and Farofa!

Other awards:

  • Irony of the Week: Tofino, a self described temperate rainforest on Vancouver Island, nearly had to shut their town down this weekend due to water shortage.
  • Freebie of the Week: Christian Blind Mission International is giving away free calendars. I got mine in the mail yesterday, presumably because I donated (and received) Christmas gifts last year through them. They're an awesome organization, and I did my Masters degree with the Director, so I also encourage you to donate.
  • Smarty Pants of the Week: my niece, Alisha
  • How to of the Week: "How to Decorate your Dorm on a Dime" ...Yep, I authored my first wikihow, and it wins my own vote as the "how to of the week" ... check it out here and add your hit to the 800+ hits it already got!
  • Other Freebies of the Week: Knock Knock: Seth Godin's new ebook about effective websites, and Who's There, an ebook about blogging

Dayna Chu :: over and out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the Farofa! If you want a recipie - just give me a shout! Ps. Thanks for the computer help!

Anonymous said...

The T-shirt folding trick Karl did still amazes me! Way to go, Karl, that was cool! Your Japanese language skills are great too!