Tuesday, July 11, 2006

cowgirl

I had lunch with my Grandma Jacquie yesterday at Wendy's. This is her Calgary Stampede outfit... I didn't get a full picture, but in the true spirit of the Stampede (and the true opportunity to collect a stampede wardrobe after living here for decades and teaching for a lot of those decades...) she had on a jean jacket, plaid tied scarf, western shirt, and... best of all... cowboy boot earrings.

YEEHAW, you go girl :)

I always have a great visit with her. I love her stories about her travels, she has been all over the world. This time I heard a little bit about Peru. Plus she makes the best ginger snap chews ever, and brought me a whole batch! She baked up a storm for my uncle Ralph for his birthday, and their dog, Buster got into them when they went out and ate all 2 dozen. She said that one time they went home and Buster had pulled the tea pot into the living room and spilled it all over (previously white carpet!).

Can you believe I even have a video mode on my new phone camera? And I have special effects like Black & White, Sepia, solarization, negative, a light (sort of like a flash) and a pretty good little zoom.

No comments: