Sunday, July 23, 2006

Arachnophobics beware

 This is a picture of a pretty big spider that hung out at the corner of our patio window earlier today. The size of its body was about the size of a quarter: it was the largest spider I have seen since I moved to Canada. Upon a bit of googling, I found out that it was a cat-faced spider; which, apparently, belongs to a family of "orb weaving" spider. We didn't kill it or relocate it as we figure it is big enough to prey on the moths that tend to hang out by our patio doors as well. I guess our mottephobia is of a slightly larger degree than our arachnophobia. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Okay that is the most disgusting thing ever! I hate spiders!
By the way....just lurking on your blog...I'm a friend of Kori's!

Dayna Chu said...

Hi Rachel... I have been the recipient (via Kori and Keri) of some of your blog ideas (template & dropshots)... thanks for visiting :) FYI Kitty (the spider) died. The good news is that she's gone. The bad news is that we read up on why they die... usually it's after they have laid their nest. great. so, beware of future photos!