Saturday, August 18, 2007

thankful!

I am super thankful for my aunt and cousin for hosting an awesome shower for Caleb last week. Thank you for coming everyone, and thank you so much for your generosity! Photos here.

I am also so thankful for my generous and creative friends, Melissa D. and Diane E., for hosting the most amazing, creative and fun baby shower for Caleb today!

I've done quite the baby shower circuit, so I was pleasantly surprised when there were games I hadn't played or heard of... have you ever played the one with the little tiny (sterilized) plastic baby frozen into an ice cube? Everyone has them in their drinks, and the first one to see that their's has melted out has to yell, "my water broke!" and wins a prize (only, be sure to give the rule that you can't suck/crunch it out... this is basically "inducing labour" as one of the guests today put it, and should be considered cheating). Also, Melissa made an awesome crossword puzzle solely using trivia about Caleb from this blog (how on earth did you create that, Melissa?!).

It was all a "Jungle" theme because that is Caleb's nursery theme. I was the jungle mama and had a grass skirt and vine/leaf bra and pineapple drinking cup and everything. It was awesome. Check out the diaper jungle animals (complete with washcloth banana and sock ears/tails) and diaper jungle theme "cake" (both made by Melissa). I am thankful that the diapers won't fit Caleb for a while, so the creations can stay in the nursery for a while!

The mister muncher is getting ready to eat (again!) so I will post more details later... here's some pictures to speak a thousand words for me (click for larger image).
Thank you to all who came to meet and bless Caleb!

4 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

What a fun shower! I must remember that ice cube game! Sounds like you were spoiled (which you totally deserve). You have some very creative friends! I have never been to a baby shower with a theme!

Dayna Chu said...

yep, spoiled rotten... the theme really worked well; I don't think I've been to a shower with a theme other than "baby girl" or "baby boy". It made it all the more fun.

Kori's House said...

That is so unique! I love it, especially the ice cube game :)
I will have to remember that just in case I have a baby shower to plan in the future :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a ton of fun, wish I could have been there! ~M