Sunday, August 27, 2006

Weekly Awards

  • Survivor of the week: Can you imagine being the lone survivor of a plane crash?
  • Photo of the week: Canada Place (photographer: Kori)
  • Freebie Site of the week: www.redflagdeals.com
  • Blog of the week: The Tuscan (especially Erin's "quotes of the day" from her kids)
  • Sermon of the week: Winning in Times of Loss; Pastor Lorne Tebbutt (52:07)
  • Quote of the week: "I'm using my manners because Jesus doesn't want us to throw bread on the floor." Matt W, age 3 (see blog of the week)
  • My Martha Moment of the week: making Cranberry Pear Lemon Jam and Blushing Peach Jam (peach jam with strawberries and nutmeg)... It passed this morning's taste test... and even Michael agrees that it ain't too much for him...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY YUM YUM! I want some! Blushing Peach sounds awesome!

Samwich said...

Your making me really hungry!

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

Trust Dayna...dollarama and now redflagdeals...what would I do without you!? Martha Stewart should be jealous. If only she had half your skill...perhaps she wouldn't be in jail ;)

Kori's House said...

I have never heard of either type's of Jam but both sound very delish!
I think I will keep taking pictures so I can make it onto your blog :)

Dayna Chu said...

Melissa, it isn't exactly sugar free... but it is quite delicious if I do say so myself. I have also added Strawberry and Strawberry-Kiwi to the collection of canning. Pear butter next!

Dayna Chu said...

Stacey, Martha's not in jail (any more) and she was innocent I tell you, INNOCENT ;o) My greatest latest buy at Dollarama: an engraver. batteries not included. sweet. everything I own is engraved now.
D