Thursday, August 24, 2006

And BINGO was his NAME-OH

So, do you ever come out with some random line from a song or cartoon or commercial from your childhood, and then your friend or husband just gives you this...strange...blank...stare? Well, it happens to me a lot... I venture to say more than others, due to Karl being born and raised in Hong Kong.

Anyway, today Karl came home from work holding a scratch-and-win BINGO coupon flyer thingy that was jammed in our door. So, of course, I bust out with, "There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his NAME-OH: Bee-Eye-EN-Gee-OH! Bee-Eye-EN-Gee-OH! Bee-Eye-EN-Gee-OH! and Bingo was his name-OH" (insert blank stare here) "...oh, you've never heard that one?"

So, help me out here people, tell him that I'm not crazy and that I am NOT making this up.

Probably even funnier was a couple of weeks ago when Karl was astounded at his own memory, reciting to me every lyric of a fairly complicated chinese cartoon theme song. So I amazed him with my memory too, and recited the main chorus of "The Smurfs" for him: "La la lalalaLA, La lalala LAAA..."

Seriously, I crack myself up.

6 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

She's CRAZY Karl!B-I-N-G-O? Smutfs? Never heard of them!

Rachel said...

I can so relate...but seriously it makes me realize how important it is to watch what gets into our kids minds as it can stick with you forever!

Karl Chu said...

What colour are Chinese Smurfs?

Kori's House said...

You need to hang out with Keri... she is always breaking out into songs... or jingles from commercials or tv shows :)

Anonymous said...

Now explain the clapping part of the Bingo song. (clap)-I-N-G-O... he's gotta love that part!

Karl Chu said...

What colour are Chinese Smurfs?
Blue and yellow makes green.