Saturday, December 22, 2007

Our Christmas Decor...

Here's our little Christmas elf! (yes, I propped his ears forward under the hat!)Here's our beautiful Christmas decor... courtesy of basement renos! But my mantra is, "it will be worth it when it's done... it will be worth it when it's done..." Does anyone out there use freecycle? Freecycle.com is my new BEST FRIEND... you post stuff that you don't want, and other members check the listings and come and pick it up. It's amazing how much STUFF we have... I think we kind of moved in (4 years ago) and stashed everything without really going through it. Well, I still haven't gone through it all, but our rule is that it's not allowed back into the basement without being purged and labeled!

I have *way* more stuff than Karl... but I am amazed at some of the things that he brought here from Hong Kong... ie grade school crayons (he moved here when he was 16!). We've been sharing a lot of stories about our stuff!


Basement before and after pics coming early in the new year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We have craigslist.com in the US. My friend got (on different occasions) a treadmill, weight set, wood flooring, and a jacuzzi...all free! Just had to pick them up.

Dayna Chu said...

Hey, yah we have craigslist too. I used it for some stuff but it didn't seem as efficient. Maybe the community on freecycle knows that they need to respond fast before the stuff gets claimed or something... no selling allowed so it's all free.

Keeps stuff out of the landfill at least! Some people have more money than time and would rather just get rid of their old jacuzzi?!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little Elf. Ahh ... Oh yes, I LOVE Free Cycle too! We can all share stuff, in my case, I'm so glad to pass things on that my clients don't use too.

About all the STUFF ... I know an organizer for hire. She even has a Referral Program and a Pay-it-Forward Program. Tee hee hee
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Joys New Year.

Diane