Friday, October 13, 2006

Giving Thanks

I can't help but be Thankful this week,

For Karl, you're amazing... what else can I say? You know my heart.

For Melissa, you know and share my pain like no other, but thankfully you also know and share my faith. Thanks for your strength and friendship and boldness in sharing the song lyrics that you shared, inviting those at the memorial to cry out to Jesus in their time of pain and loss.

For my Amma, sending me her favourite prayer,
"Loving God: As we go our way into the future, no matter what we face, not sure of the way to go, surprised by turn of events, may we say good-bye to the past, giving thanks. May we embrace Your future plans, showing us the way to follow Christ as leaders and mentors; Amen."
For cards & flowers & emails & calls & prayers & tears & taking on my workload...
from my family, my friends, and my colleagues...

Grandma Dillon (my Dad's mom), Aunts Carol & Maureen, Uncles Danny & Bobby, Cardium Vac, Darren & Sandy, Marky G, Wendy & Brian, and the many friends of my Dad and Mary's that attended the memorial and expressed their care and sympathy and Kim Roy for officiating with care. Strangers named John and Christina Goddard for being the hands of Christ, thank you for bringing meals and desserts that fed over 20 friends and family the night before the memorial. I wish I could have met you, but your card indicated your desire to shine God's light, and I thank you.

Mom, Trent, Ralph & Jo-Anne, Mark & Lynn, Blaine, Leslie, Rocky Mountain College staff and faculty, Gaileen & Ron, Lorne & Kelly, Trevor & Amy, Larry & Susan, Susanna & Glenn, Marian & her team; Tim K & Shelley and SSU staff, EMFT colleagues, Joy, Stacey, Kori, Keri, Rachel, Rachelle & Gerald, Nicky, Jane & Russell, Johanna, Dan C, Larry & Sandra, Grandma Jacquie, Brenda, Jeff & Lori-Anne, Randy & Donna, Amy, Tim C, Auntie Marilyn, Gordon, Jason & Melissa, Diane, Isobel, Sheryl, Ruth, Dunn, Andrea, Dennis, Gerald, Melanie O, Karen M, Mary N, Hilda, Kevin K, Bryan H, Ken, Darcie, Aly, Dawn, Weldon, Dianne, Pamela, Helen, Calvin, Tim H, William, Nita, Brian K, Vandana, Debbie, Jeff S, Arnie, Pam, Barbara, Karen R, Melissa S, Karin K, Rich & Melanie, Craig M, Irene, Stan, Stephen, Cheryl, Cathy, David, Abe, Marion...

There is so much more to be thankful for. Most of all to God my Father, who, though You give and take away... my heart will choose to say, "Blessed be Your name..."

Dayna

2 comments:

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

Dayna, I am so proud of you and have been encouraged by your faith through your pain. It is me who should be thanking you! It's my pleasure, as your sister in Christ, to do what I can...I only wish there was more! I'm yet again amazed at how large and how wide and how deep the love of Christ is as shown through his children!

Kori's House said...

I am so glad you can be Thankful. You are Blessed and a Blessing!