Saturday, June 03, 2006


So, I am traveling quite a bit for work these days, and I feel the need to bring back some kind of souvenir from each of the places I go. Between January 06 and January 07, I will have been in: Vancouver (3x), Hong Kong, Shanghai, Hang zhou, Edmonton (2x), Toronto (2x), Kitchener (2x), London (2x), Stouffville (2x), Kentucky, Charlotte NC, Myrtle Beach SC, Chicago, Colorado, Abbotsford (2x), Kelowna (2x), Grande Prairie, Saskatoon (2x), Regina, Winnipeg (2x), Lethbridge, SanDiego, and California.

I can think of a few things that I don't want to collect, but I am having a hard time keeping up with what I do want to collect because they are big and breakable.

I have collected quite a few rings from different places I have been, maybe I could keep that up. Magnets and keychains: too cheesy. Art: too expensive. Maybe I should just take pictures and pick my favourite and have it printed and framed. I still want to get a map and pin it with all of the places Karl and I have been (and want to go...) so the pictures could go around the map somehow.

Informal poll: what do you think I should collect? What do you collect?

7 comments:

Kori's House said...

I like pictures... I like mugs... but I think magnets. I know cheesy but you could get one of those magnet boards from Ikea and keep it by your desk and fill it up :)

Anonymous said...

Bonus with magnets is...you can always find one SOMEWHERE, even if it's in the airport on the way out of town! Same goes for postcards, t-shirts, or mugs... not overly 'unique' but easy to get and easy to show.

You could buy a picture frame at each place and then do your picture idea and frame the photo of the place IN A FRAME FROM THERE. None of the frames would match but that's the fun of it, a display wall with different pictures from around the world in a variety of different frames. Hmm, I like this one, I might have to use it myself. :)

Anonymous said...

pepsi stuff. wait that's for me. never mind.

Anonymous said...

It won't help you with various cities, states, provinces, etc.; but I collect money. Wherever I've been that has different currency, I have brought home a bill or coin.

Anonymous said...

Shoes are nice. They're practical, too.

: )

Mom

Anonymous said...

shoes? that's crazy. nah just kidding Dayna's mom.

Dayna Chu said...

hhmmm, shoes might be the runner up on this one (get it? "runner" up? Get it?

Actually, I went with a magnet... but it is one of those "thoughts for life" magnets rather than "I heart Kentucky"... I will remember it's from Kentucky (?!) it says, 'what ever you are, be a good one'