Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to me :-)

Yes, it is my birthday indeed. Like many other birthdays I had, I spent this one quietly. The day was just any other day at the office, but neither Ed or Scott were in the office. So it was kind of quiet. My mom called me some time in the morning and invited me over for some "lamburgers". That's right, burgers made of lamb - Yummy! Some of you are probably gagging now, but hey, it's my birthday, so I get to eat whatever I want. Speaking of food, Dayna tried durian the other day, you will have to get her to tell you what she thinks.

For presents, I got the traditional "Red Envelope" from my parents; have not cracked it open yet, but I am sure there is cash in there. I also got this cool Ferrari (wish I can stop the sentence right here) -branded digital weather station from Dayna, the Parks, and the Forsyth's (Thanks!) It's got a separate piece that gets put outside the house, and it radios back the outside temperature, humidity and pressure back to the mother ship. It even forcasts the weather for the next 12 hours and tells me whether I should use my dry, slick, or rain tires! No, I don't have three sets of tires, but it is cool nonetheless, isn't it? There are other cool presents like a 1:64 scale remote-control mini Hummer (it's an oxymoron isn't it?); so if the Oilers get sunk before Dayna gets home, I will have something to play with to occupy my otherwise hockey-watching time. Anyway, that's a whole other blog post altogether. I hope the Oilers will put their act together and bring home the Stanley Cup. That said, before I digress too much, I'd better wrap it up.

No comments: