Thursday, June 15, 2006

More on the Hong Kong/China trip

I was doing some catching up with friend and family, and I emailed a friend who lived in China for a brief period (three months, I think). She asked me how did I like our tour. It makes me think about our trip again, but now it has been a couple of months, I think I was articulating it a little differently than a couple of months ago. Here is part of my reply to my friend's email:

... I saw your pictures at Nanjing Road in Shanghai; Dayna and I were totally there! Too cool! I was born in Hong Kong, and it was the first time I was back... more than a bit of nostalgic. Dayna loved it... as a place travel destination. Well, me too actually. I would not want to live there, but I would definitely like to go back for another visit. China was cool too. I had been there before, but it was 20 years ago. It was quite different back then. It is a lot more modern now, both in terms of physical things and people's attitude. Although, Dayna almost caused few traffic accident because people were staring while riding their mopeds. I suspect you probably had similar experiences? ...

No comments: