Monday, May 22, 2006

call it a moment of weakness but...


I fell in love with soy.

I know; crazy but true! It happened when we were in China. I think the actual moment was one morning in Hang Zhou. I ordered coffee with breakfast... but if you've ever heard the expression "for all the tea in China," you know they don't have much in the way of a decent cup of coffee there. C'mon, I wasn't begging for Tim Horton's or anything, just one little cup of good coffee. Nope. Not gona' happen. So, Karl's breakfast special came with a cup of hot soy. YUM... stay with me now... next time you try soy, or any tofu based food or dessert, try it as a food in and of itself.

The trick is to really honestly eat it up or drink it up without thinking (no matter how much teriyaki sauce those little cubes are floating in) that it should taste like chicken. DO NOT, and I repeat do not try subsituting soy for milk. Soy Latte? I don't think so. Soy in my corn flakes... no thanks!

But next time you need a hot but healthy bedtime quencher... drink up the soy (you can buy it sweetened, or Karl adds a bit of sugar. I like it plain, but may add sugar every now and again).

Let me know how it goes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hmmmmm, we'll have to try that when you're here in SIXTEEN DAYS! :)

Samwich said...

Hey Dayna! Its Sam here, you know we made Chocolate Chilli together, oh fun times. Oh I was watching this show and they actually made chocolate chilli, looked more tastey, maybe we would have won with it. Hmm theres something to ponder.
Oh about this Soy issue. I must say Soy Latte's I personally dont like, but then again Ive never tried one nor do i have the desire to after this blog. But I will feel for those people that have to attempt to make those Latte's, today I was attemting to make a Chai Tea Latte with Soy Milk, dissaterous! Does not foam! I was mad. Oh well. Good think many people dont ask for soy! Yay!
Anywho hope your doing well, I have no idea where you are. You can check out my blog if you want.
later!
Sam B!
PS Remember when you posted little signs around the school for me to come and see you. Haha that was interesting! Yikes!