Thursday, October 09, 2008

Democracy...

"I am a Canadian,
free to speak without fear,
free to worship in my own way,
free to stand for what I think right,
free to oppose what I believe wrong, or
free to choose those who shall govern my country.
This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

John G. Diefenbaker
(1895-1979) Prime Minister of Canada


VOTE!

I'm far from a strong political voice and certainly not savvy on the depths of all the party issues... but I do know one thing; I have a voice... so do you... VOTE!

But the commute is bad, I'm homeless, I'm in prison, the lineup is long, I am tired, the kids are sick, I need cat food... I know... but VOTE!

But it's complicated; I need to work, I didn't get a registration card, I'm going to grandmas, I ate my ballot, I have no I.D., I live out of the country, it's my first time voting, I think the polls are closed, ... make it happen... VOTE!

Election day: Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Okay I'm stepping off the soapbox now;
Have a great weekend
and be Thankful this Thanksgiving for the right to vote.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't vote since I've lived outside of Canada for greater than 5 years. But you talked me into at least checking out whether I *could* vote. :)

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

You'd be proud. I voted ;)