Friday, August 22, 2008

living a prolific life and other life hacks

Oh time for the blogosphere, where art thou? It seems like life has been getting ahead of me a lot these days and I am afraid fall is not going to have a reprieve for me. I'm excited about working more (Human Resources Coordinator at my church) and directing a program at my church called "EveryLeader," a leadership training course that launched last January. Mostly I am really beginning to appreciate the need to be more organized with my time in order to get everything done that needs doing and to not overcommit.

Karl's favourite expert on organizing life is David Allen, author of Getting Things Done (GTD); it's an excellent book/program if you're interested in personal productivity... though I've yet to complete it... it's one thing that I really need to get done... :) Here's a good blog that also serves as a bit of an overview of GTD.

A recent blog that Karl sent me that I have found quite inspirational is "Marc and Angel Hack Life" for which my entry today is titled. Check it out for such posts as, "50 Things Everyone Should Know How To Do," 7 Clever Google Tricks Worth Knowing, "20 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Every Sunday", and "The 7 Habits of Highly Happy People"

Anyway, in other news... just winding down my night after a great day at the zoo (actually two days in a row at the zoo) and wanted to share this warm fuzzy with you... awwwww...

[I took this pic of the new baby giraffe]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links, I look forward to going through them. Did you take this picture? It's so cute!

Dayna Chu said...

Yes, I took that; so cute eh? I just added a byline to it :)

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

1. LOVE the pic. It's fantastic. I've been enjoying the baby giraffe too :)

2. Totally hear you about getting life organized...I'm usually pretty good at it but lately juggling everything has seemed a bit of a challenge! Phew. Might need to check out the blog you suggested...when I have time...