Thursday, February 28, 2008

Conversation of the week

K: I keep thinking tomorrow is March 1st, but it's not. I forgot that it is February 29th.
D: Yeah, that's why they are having a special frog day at the zoo... 'cause it leaps, get it, get it?
K: Too bad Caleb is only 7-month old, I would totally take a day off work and go check out some frogs. May be in four years...
D (thinking about an appropriate age for Caleb to make sense of the would-be excursion): May be three...
K (puzzled looking): ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, I get it. Because there won't BE a frog day at the zoo until the next Leap Year. Yeah. Took me a minute.

Trent and Linda said...

Melissa, your comment made me laugh almost as hard as Dayna's description of the conversation.

You're twins, aren't you?????

Mom
xo

Dayna Chu said...

The even funnier part is that it's KARL's description of the conversation :)

Anonymous said...

Soooo...is there really a frog day?

Dayna Chu said...

:o) Yes, there was a frog day today at the zoo, and Karl *did* take the day off and we went! Good times had by all :) post coming soon...